- Primary release feature: faster and lighter
- Refreshed dashboard design that tightens the typography, design, and code behind the admin.
- HTML5 Twenty Eleven theme- Responsive design, HTML 5 and ability to have multiple rotating header
- Redesigned post editor and full-screen button in the editing toolbar to enter the new distraction-free writing or zen mode
- All of the widgets, menus, buttons, and interface elements fade away to allow you to compose and edit your thoughts in a completely clean environment conducive to writing, but when your mouse strays to the top of the screen your most-used shortcuts are right there where you need them.
|Editor width in Distraction-free writing mode:|
|Alt +||Wider||Alt -||Narrower|
|Alt 0||Default width|
- Retire support for PHP4, older versions of MySQL, and legacy browsers like IE6
- Admin bar has more shortcuts to your most commonly-used actions
- Comment moderation screen, the new approve & reply feature speeds up your conversation management
- Keyboard shortcuts are enabled on a per-user setting, and can be turned on by visiting the Profile panel in Administration > Users > Your Profile. Check the Keyboard Shortcuts checkbox to enable keyboard shortcuts for comment moderation.
- Pressing a approves the currently selected comment.
Pressing s marks the current comment as spam.
Pressing d moves the comment to the trash (WordPress 2.9) or deletes the current comment.
Pressing z restores the current comment from the trash or activates the Undo when that row is selected.
Pressing u unapproves the currently selected comment, placing it back into moderation.
Pressing r initiates an inline reply to the current comment (you can press Esc to cancel the reply).
Pressing q activates “Quick Edit” which allows for rapid inline editing of the current comment.
- Bulk Actions
You can also perform an action on multiple comments at once. First, you’ll need to select the comments for the bulk action, using the x key to check the checkbox for the currently selected comment. Shift-x can be used to toggle the checkboxes, inverting their state. Once you have some comments checked:
Pressing Shift-a approves the checked comments.
Pressing Shift-s marks the checked comments as spam.
Pressing Shift-d deletes the checked comments.
Pressing Shift-u unapproves the checked comments.
Pressing Shift-t moves the checked comments to the Trash.
Pressing Shift-z restores the checked comments from the Trash.
- When WordPress version is updated, only the changed files are downloaded and updated
- Speed is no longer an issue when using the permalink setting of page title
- Embed Youtube video by just adding the link. WordPress will only embed URLs matching an internal whitelist. This is for security purposes.
- Screen Option settings can be set per user. Screen options per plugin are an option
- PressThis option
- The “Press This” function allows quick publishing with a special web browser bookmarklet. You can create a post by quoting some text, images, and videos on any web page.
- Pagenation to break up long posts, in html mode add <!–nextpage–> where you want the next page button to display